2015年11月11日 星期三

【後90年代】Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

When I woke up this morning, loneliness stroke me  all of sudden, and I looked up on my calendar, then realized it's November 11 today., which is aka "single holiday" in China, because of its symbol as four single people "11/11." I am not a super homesick kinda person, just like sometimes you crave chocolate, because you love it so much, and so do I feel towards my family. I love them so much and they are always on my mind wherever I am. 

By coincidence, I clicked my old playlist which I created probably 8, 9 years ago, overwhelmingly, all the memories with my family swept all over me. I remembered every family we planned ahead, every great lesson my parents taught my brother and I, and every moment we spent all together as the best team in the world. 


Today, as a tribute to my beloved family, I would like to share some songs we love to listen during trip with you. Maybe it will remind you the 90's feeling. Hope you enjoy them!




I love Snow Patrol, and Chasing Cars reminds me of the Pixar movie "Up!" while Russell and Carl counting how many red and blue cars driving by. The pure happiness is what we chase after every single day, and that's all we need in life, isn't it? 

"Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

If there's someone saying yes to this question, please hold his/her hands and live through every moment with. One thing my parents taught me is don't ever be fooled by the treacherous society, and always be faithful to yourself. The most important thing is that they will always be my strongest support whenever I need them.

"All that I am
 All that I ever was
 Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see"


"Just know that these things will never change for us at all"



My mom loves Savage Garden, especially their love songs. I still remembered that even though she doesn't like to sing in front of us, while listening to "I knew I loved you", she would always whisper the chorus quietly. I always closed my eyes and pretended she's singing to my dad and me, and it made me the happiest kid ever. (My mommy is sorta emotionally awkward, but it won't change my respect and love to her :) )

"I knew I loved you before I met you

 I think I dreamed you into life
 I knew I loved you before I met you
 I have been waiting all my life" 


And I knew I loved my family ever since they had me as their child!




Every time I listen to "You Raise Me Up", it always makes me in tears because of all the gratitude for those who make me become who I am, especially thankful for my parents. Thank you for giving me a complete home and bringing music and piano into my life. 

With a very shy personality, as a kid, I was very introvert and quiet. I seldom asked for things even though I wanted them so badly. I am very good at hiding emotions. However, my parents could always detect my feelings and provide everything needed for me. Thank you for never getting tired of me playing piano, continuously chatting, and thank you for accepting who I am. I am sincerely appreciate. 

"When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
 When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
 Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
 Until you come and sit awhile with me" 

Also, the orchestra intro reminds me of Lord of the Ring so much, which is another good memory with my family.




"Somewhere Only We Know" is my all time comforting song for then and now. Have you ever watched the movie "Where the Wild Things Are"? Right now listening to this song, I feel like finding the place of imagination and my inner self in it. Keane is one of my favorite band in high school, not only because of their warm composition, but also the recognizable vocal weaving with my favorite piano melody. Does anyone like Keane as I do? If so, next time I will write about them :)

These are my favorite family related songs. Do they touch you a little bit? If so, please do go home and hug those you love so much in the past, the present, and of course the future.

Good night.

沒有留言:

張貼留言