2014年9月16日 星期二

140916 Alvvays be with you

This is my very first time writing blog in fully English, kinda nervous of my words used in sentences.
But definitely need to practice out to reach better position :)

I would love to delicate the very first post in English on my Illusive Heaven blog for my dear H,
thank you for giving me such inspiration and motivation to work on music blog, and also thank you  for complete supports for me. This means a lot for me.

"Archie, Marry Me" is from Alvvays, a band from Toronto, Canada, which being defined as early-’60s AM-radio pop and late-’80s freak-scene discord. Love this song, absolutely one of those that you would play over obsessively because its catchy with hidden messages.
I feel a bit like listening to the Cranberries.






"You've expressed explicitly your contempt for matrimony
You’ve student loans to pay and will not risk the alimony"

"Hey hey
Marry me Archie
Hey hey
Marry me Archie"

"Honey, take me by the hand, and we can sign some papers
 Forget the invitations, floral arrangements, and breadmakers"

Lyrics just sticky enough for her to catch the heart of the only guy in her life with a ring. Telling Archie( who is the freaking Archie?! ) that marriage is just a few papers to sign up, no need to worry about those tedious procedures.( I highly doubt of it haha )

As a grateful present for H, i think it's the most proper thing I could offer you now. Hope you will enjoy this catchy and sweet love song.

Good night.

沒有留言:

張貼留言