2015年3月6日 星期五

I am thinking of you dear

“I am thinking of you dear”

Afternoon by Youth Lagoon in his album “The Year of Hibernation” is personally one of my fav songs in the category of “songs you should listen to it alone with eyes closed”.

Still remember the very first time listening to “Afternoon”. It’s a quiet evening with soft yellow light on in my tiny bedroom. I clicked on its YouTube link and put headphone on and eyes closed. To be honest, I am not a fan of it haha. Every instrument in this song seems to be played and stomped all alone in the beginning part. However, the warm and peaceful ambience locks my hearing onto it, and the second time I gradually put each part together.

Right from the beginning, whistled riff with Glockenspiel opens the freshness for the incoming part. With his murmur-ish vocals swiftly float on top in the clouds, drum beats stomps powerfully and keeps the entire instruments into the center.

“Afternoon” is a delicate flower with several out-stretching petals. Power exists and penetrates through those wordless moments right into your heart which hums with the melody unconsciously.


I'm thinking of you dear,
Every moment of the way.
I tied my hands with rope now watch you escape,
And I make no mistake.


Good afternoon!

沒有留言:

張貼留言